[vlc] Re: Cross-Compile

Olivier Teulière ipkiss at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 23 17:34:27 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003, Romuald DELAVERGNE wrote:

> I want to compile vlc using Linux for a Windows client. According to
> the Howto, I can get all needed packages on
> "http://www.videolan.org/vlc/windows.html". But it seems that this
> page does not exist any more.

Yes, it has disappeared recently with the new site. And until the
developers site is finished, some pages are missing.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

> I get "mingw32" from debian packages and the directx 7 headers from
> "http://fceultra.sourceforge.net/dev". But for
> "SDL-devel*mingw32.tar.gz" and "gtk-win32*.tar.bz2", is there any
> other url to get these packages ?

I put these packages there :
http://www.via.ecp.fr/~ipkiss/vlc/win32/

BTW, since cross-compilation of vlc for windows is very difficult, don't
hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck.

--
Ipkiss