[vlc] Re: Subtitles Xvid Problems..

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sat Jan 25 16:43:21 CET 2003

The subtitles mentioned are DVD subtitles.
Separate files with subtitles not yet supported, but will be in the
soon to be released version 0.5.0 of VLC.
This will still be in an experimental form. From our latest README:

> 9. Support for files with subtitles
> Support for subtitles in separate files is still very much in a
> testing fase. DVD subtitles can be used trough the Controls->Subtitles
> menu-item.
> - Subfiles need to be opened at the same moment as the video to which
> you want to add subtitles. You can do this in the File->Open menu.
> - As of yet it is not yet possible to adapt the font, size of the text
> and/or position.
> - You need to specify the subtitle when you open the file.
> - A subtitle is global instead of bound to a playlist-item.  This will
> be fixed in a future version.
> - Only MicroDVD, SubRIP and SSA1-4 subtitle files are supported at the
> moment.
> - Subs can only be added to .avi  and mpg movie files at the moment

On zaterdag, jan 25, 2003, at 16:05 Europe/Amsterdam, Tobias Larsson
wrote:
> I trying to set subtitles to a movie.
>
> When i read How To it said that i can change Subtitles whenever
> i want just simply click "Programs" under View in VLC but that
> menu i subbed out...so that is not possible..Same is under Settings
> "Subtitles" menu....
>
> How can i get subtitles to work??
---
Universiteit Twente