[vlc] Re: vlc 0.46 - win NT

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Jan 29 13:36:24 CET 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 13:26, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003, MegaVision Videoproduktion wrote:
>
> > does vlc 0.46 work with Win NT 4.0 SP 6 ? I tried 2 different
maschienes.

> No it doesn't, its DirectX is too old.

Not exactly true. Vlc only requires directx3 which is available on NT4
starting from SP4 I think. So theoretically vlc 0.4.6 should be working on
NT4 except that it was never tested on this platform and I recently
realized that it does in fact not work because we are using an unsupported
flag in one of the directx api functions. It has been fixed in 0.5.0 and
was tested a couple of months ago (hope it still works).

--
Gildas