[vlc] Re: vlc problem in iPAQ 3630

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Fri Jan 31 14:07:26 CET 2003

Andrew leung wrote:
> Dear ALL,
>
> My iPAq 3630 is running familar 0.6, OPIE,
>
> installed opie-vlc
>
> but after I click opie-vlc icon nothing happens..

That is because we do not have an interface for Opie yet. It only
supports the commandline interface.

> in terminal i type vlc, seems it is running, (i can type command and vlc --help) but nothing happen in the iPAq screen, no GUI come out.......
> do you know why?

There is no  UI yet. Opie-vlc is only usable from the commandline
interface, eg: opie-vlc /mnt/video/myvideo.mpeg

And has native video output for Qte in vlc version 0.4.6.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman