[vlc] Re: streaming with hauppauge NOVA-S

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Wed Jul 2 15:09:16 CEST 2003

Hello.

the Nova-S card wont work because it has no MPEG2 chip set on the board.
The drivers of the Metzler Bros. use the TechnoTrend spec and it needs a
DVB-S card with MPEG2 chipset. Because otherwise you have to decode the
transport stream of the transponder software based into the different channels
on your own.

So go with a Hauppauge Nexus DVB-S or the Siemens DVB-S card they
are all TechnoTrend compliant.

Cheers

 - Johann

Tristan Leteurtre schrieb:

> Note : please use streaming at videolan.org for questions regarding
>        streaming.
>
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003, Bessem ELOUAFI wrote:
> > I want to use VLS to stream a satellite card(hauppauge NOVA-S). Do you know where I can finde drivers to install this card on Linux(Redhat).
>
> Have a look on linuxtv.org :
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Tristan

 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 8122 222830-37
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 8122 222830-79
 Hallbergmooser Str. 5   |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85445 Schwaig/Munich  |  j.soukup at netlantic.de