[vlc] Re: qurrey about vlc on ipaq

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Jul 14 13:51:04 CEST 2003

rajan babu wrote:
>  using the vlc on ipaq can i run a stored mpeg clip on my Pc. If it is possible how can i do that.

Export the directory with movies using nfs. (see NFS howto on
http://www.tldp.org) and mount it from your iPaq.

$ ipaq> mount -t nfs server.bla.com:/home/mine /mnt/nfs

Wait for the timeouts to expire and you'll have a nfs mounted directory
to your PC. If you do not want to wait for the timeouts, then start
portmapper etc on your iPaq. It will mount the directory faster.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42674
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199