[vlc] Re: 2 simultaneous streams with 2 MPEG encoding cards

Sigmund Augdal Sigmund.Augdal at idi.ntnu.no
Wed Jul 16 16:53:49 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:18:59AM +0200, Mariano García wrote:
> Hello everybody. Does anybody know if it is possible to stream under Linux
> two simultaneous and different streams running two VLCs with two MPEG
> encoding cards (Hauppauge)? Is there any limit in number of MPEG encoding
> cards?
I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work, except if the drivers
doesn't support it. Any way, I have never seen a pc motherboard with more
than 6 pci slots. And the maximum bandwidth for an ordinary pci bus is about
120 mb/s, though I have seen motherboards where the pci slots use more than
one pci bus.

Sigmund