[vlc] VLC 0.6.1 and cyrillic text subtitles

Георги Ангелож gva at abv.bg
Thu Jul 31 23:07:40 CEST 2003

I tried to use some cyrillic fonts (GenevaCY.dfont, MonacoCY.dfont etc.) installed in my MAC, but It does not work. Changes of subtitle text encoding also didn’t help me so mach.

Based on the text in NEWS file where is written “Should also work with languages like russian for instance” I have a question: Did somebody really test the possibility to watch avi movies together with cyrillic text subtitles?

Any useful piece of advice will be appreciated?

Thanks
GA