[vlc] Re: VLC 0.6.1 and cyrillic text subtitles

Sigmund Augdal Sigmund.Augdal at idi.ntnu.no
Thu Jul 31 23:31:54 CEST 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:07:40AM +0300, Ãåîðãè Àíãåëîæ wrote:
> I tried to use some cyrillic fonts (GenevaCY.dfont, MonacoCY.dfont etc.) installed in my MAC, but It does not work. Changes of subtitle text encoding also didn’t help me so mach.
>
> Based on the text in NEWS file where is written “Should also work with
> languages like russian for instance” I have a question: Did somebody
> really test the possibility to watch avi movies together with cyrillic text
> subtitles?
I don't think anyone did, that's why it says "should" and not "Do". Any way,
can you send the log when trying with different encodings? Also, can you
send me part of the subtitle file, and a screenshot of how it looks in a
player that supports it? Try at least the KOI8-R and CP1251 as encoding.

Sigmund