[vlc] Re: nokia .3gpp movies

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sun Jun 1 00:27:22 CEST 2003

.3gpp is a variant of .mp4 as you said yourself. You should be able to
play this movie by dropping it in the playlist. However it uses a
special format of audio (amf, amr-nb) which is currently not supported
by any opensource product. However, there are some indications that
support will follow in the near future. (just not by the next release).

DJ

On vrijdag, mei 30, 2003, at 17:02 Europe/Amsterdam, jago eliot wrote:
> hello please forgive if not relevent to your list.
>
> I have a nokia 7650 media phone which captures movies and saves  in
> the .3gpp format
> which i believe is a derivative of .mp4. I can find no way of playing
> or editing these movies on
> apple mac. There is a media player for windows but not mac.
> quicktime have made announcments about incorperating this codec in
> next verson, since that anouncment there have been 6.1 and 6.2 updates
> with no .3gp
> is it possible that future versions of videolan might incorporate this
> format?
> could videolan beat qt to marketplace?
> I hope so :)
>
> thanks