[vlc] Re: I have a question....^^

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Sun Jun 1 00:30:34 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, mei 31, 2003, at 10:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Gv7{=D wrote:
> My name is Hyun, Lyunsik.
> I have a question.
>
> In VideoLAN site, I saw libmpeg2 library. But in libmpeg2 site, they
> say that VideoLAN does not use libmpeg2.

Yeah, site maintenance is always hard ;)

> ---------------------------
> 1. In my quess, VideoLAN use libmpeg2 from version 0.5.3. That's
> right...??

Actually in 0.5.3 both our own and the libmpeg2 version are used, in
0.6.0 and up, only libmpeg2 will be used.

> 2. If you use libmpeg2, do you not use your own mpeg decoder...??

not sure actually, however on 0.5.3 i advice to still use our mpeg
decoder.

> 3. And if you use both your own mpeg decoder and libmpeg2, let me know
> that I only use libmpeg2.
>
> 4. And if you use libmpeg2, the version of libmpeg is 0.3.0....??

with libmpeg2 you can best use a CVS version (as recent as possible,
though not much has changed in the past three weeks).

> 6. If I will use libmpeg2, do I install libmpeg2 library before
> install VideoLAN...??

As i said, for 0.5.3 i think you are better of with our version of the
mpeg decoder.

DJ
---
Videolan - VLC media player