[vlc] Re: Video wall

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 2 14:18:09 CEST 2003

I just tried this (with 2 video outputs ) on linux, and it doesn't seem to
work well. Currently the x video output takes an commandline switch to tell
it which device to fullscreen on, and this switch work for both the output
windows of the wall filter.

This behaviour should be fixed before the 0.6.0 release. I suggest letting
the default behaviour be the same as in ogle, to fullscreen a window to the
screen it is currently on. Then we could have the commandline switch as an
override. we should also do some magic to allow the wall filter to give each
vindow a separate device to display on.

I think it should work on windows though, as the windows version fullscreens
on the current display (iirc).

Sigmund