[vlc] Link-local multicasting still not working

Joni Kaki neurocid at edu.lahti.fi
Fri Jun 6 08:47:15 CEST 2003

Hello!

I asked a question about problem with ipv6 link-local multicasting and client
not connecting to udp6:@[ff02::1:3:1]. I got it "working" with udp6:@
[ff02::1:3:1%eth0] syntax, atleast client starts without error messages. Im
using 0.6.0-test1 vlc (newest i could find for IPAQ)

Now problem is that even client accepts that address it cannot receive any
stream. I'm using VLS 0.5.3 (on linux) to stream an mpeg file and tcpdump on
server says that theres lot of udp packages going to ff02::1:3:1 port 1234 so
problem shouldnt be that.

Any ideas why client doesnt receive stream. Both hosts can ping each other. And
if I ping ff02::1:3:1 from client machine i get reply from server, so server
should be in that multicast group.

 - Joni