[vlc] Re: VLC compilation problem with Windows CE. Urgent!!! Help.

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jun 11 11:02:41 CEST 2003

Since you say it's urgent, i'll give a general response, even though i
know nothing about VLC on windows.

On woensdag, jun 11, 2003, at 08:51 Europe/Amsterdam, Venkateswara Rao
Narne wrote:
> I have downloaded the source code for VLC from
> www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html along
> with all libraries.
> I have Windows 4.1 in my system and when I want to
> compile the source code, there are no vcp
> files.These vcp files are placed in a folder evc++ for each
> library.

What is a vcp file ?????
Am i right that EVC is the WindowsCE development tool?

> Can anyone help me how to solve this?Or give
> me any web site to get fully compilable vlc code for
> Windows CE.Any pointers are appreciated.

There is currently no port of VLC to WindowsCE. So if you want to do
this, then you will have to port everything yourself.
There are vcp files in the /evc directory of VLC
http://www.videolan.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb//vlc/evc/

I believe sam started a port a while ago, but apparently that kinda
stranded you are welcome to continue, we would really like to see a
Windows CE port.

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player