[vlc] Re: Preview Edonkey

Sebastian P. Goetze SPGoetze at Nikocity.de
Wed Jun 11 22:21:29 CEST 2003

If I got you right... (please stick to english, if you can...)

The preview works fine, IF
- the movie is coded correctly (i.e. no fake, black screen - no audio...)
- the beginning of the movie has correctly arrived (check in the progress bar)

If the beginning of the movie is still missing, you won't see a thing, since VLC doesn't
know what it is supposed to be. If there's a (big) gap pretty soon after the start, VLC
might look like it's hanging, because it isn't reacting to any mouse clicks (like closing) or
keyboard commands. If you run out of patience, you'll have to kill the process (e.g. w/
Task Manager).

I thought also of this:
- you have needed codecs installed (e.g. XVID)
but since most is handled internally, I think if VLC could play the finished file, it can play
the preview (nnn.part) regardless of what codecs are installed.

(Actually I associated *.part files with VLC ;-)

Sebastian