[vlc] DivX 5.0.6 for mac

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jun 12 15:11:29 CEST 2003

Not trying to do any advertising for our competition, but since they
name us ;)

> What's new in this version:
>
> Implemented DivX AVI Importer feature
> Addition of an option to set the frames per second of the encoding AVI
> file.
> Ability to encode ANY kind of QuickTime movie
> Activated smooth-playback decoding option.
> Improved AVI Importer compatibility (support for broken AVI files)
> Improved video/audio synchronization
> Improving AVI Importer compatibility
> Improved movie encoding quality through QuickTime "High-Quality" option
> Removed DivX validator now that audio and video synch issues are
> resolved. Woohoo!

Interesting. this was one of the main reasons a lot of people were
using VLC on OS X. I hope we won't suffer too much under it. I guess we
will just have to keep improving VLC ;)

> Problemwith encoding from DV audio.
> Problem with encoding from VBR audio (such as AAC).
> Disappearing AVI bug which occasionally occurred with the video
> pass-through feature.
> Bug in the DivX AVI exporter that produced movies which didn't play
> correctly in _____vlc_____.

I believe we fixed this as well btw.

> The inability to use the DivX AVI exporter with movies that have
> layers, sprites, filters, etc

DJ
---
Videolan - VLC media player