[vlc] Re: compiling vlc 0.6

DAVID Philippe philippe.david at sncf.fr
Wed Jun 25 17:23:27 CEST 2003

Le mer 25/06/2003 à 17:18, Philippe Van Hecke a écrit :
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 16:54, you wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I try to compile vlc 0.6
> >
> > I got in this issues
> >
> > If I compile the required ffmeg package from source, vlc's configure is
> > not able to detect ffmpeg
> > if I install the mandrake rpm package related to ffmpeg, configure
> > detects ffmpeg but cannot compile as the version of ffmpeg seems to not
> > match the vlc required version.
>
> You need the cvs version of ffmpeg or use the one given on the videolan site.

thanks for your reply but I was not clear enough (sorry)

I used the one given on the site (ffmpeg-20030612.tar.bz2).
It's this one which is not detected by the configure script of vlc (even
if properly compiled and installed).

I cannot get the CVS version as the port is not open here.

--
Philippe DAVID
SNCF