[vlc] help needed for outputing audio-only stream on Windows...

Jianpeng Dong jdong at otcwireless.com
Mon Jun 30 22:11:51 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I want to output an audio-only stream from a playback file, such as a VOB
file, on Windows 2000 using VLC. I tried both the interface and the command
line options, but I was not able to output an audio-only stream for the
file. Any suggestions? The VLC version I am using is 0.6.0.

for command line:
vlc <vobfile> --no-sout-video --sout-acodec mpeg2 --sout <out.mpa>

for interface:
Settings->Preferences->Stream output->Advanced options:
- check "Enable audio stream output", "Display while streaming" and "Audio
bitrate encoding(kb/s)"
- select "mpga" for "Audio encoding codec" and "MPEG I/II audio oacketizer"
for "choose preferred packetizer list"

-> Save.
File->OpenFile->Use "Browse" to choose the vob file and make sure that
"Stream output" is checked. Click "Settings" button for "Stream output" and
then fill in the file name for the output file. Choose "MPEG PS" for
"Encapsulation method" and check "Audio codec" and select "192" for "Bitrate
(kb/s)"

Many thanx in advance,

Thanks,

JP