[vlc] Re: problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Mar 1 13:04:51 CET 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 15:41, nitin mishra wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
>           myself nitin..i am student of b.tech(computer
science)...actually i had just gone through your website videolan.org this
is really very good site for latest development in video on demand
topic..here i am doing on project that is related to video on demand...i
used your VLC software..that is really very good..but VLC is  very large
software... i want to do some modification in VLC software actually i just
want to do very small part in VLC..i just want to read file (MPEG.) from
the hard disk of one machine & want to play,stop,pause,fast,slow & exit in
the same machine only...& i also want the list of directory to perform the
browse option for selecting the appropriate file...this is all i want to do
in linux machine & windows xp..in c or c++ or by using VISUAL BASIC
language..i request you to please guide me how can i devlope this type of
programe...or can you send me the source code of my requirement...Looking
forword to hear from your side very soon.....

Sorry, but we can't help you on this. It is true that vlc is complex
software and if you want something simple than you'd be better off using
something else. Unfortunately, I don't know of other software that does
what you request and be cross-platform. Maybe you could have a look at the
libmpeg2 project (libmpeg2.sf.net) and start building your own application
with it.

Good luck,

--
Gildas