[vlc] Re: no access module matched "dvd"

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Sat Mar 1 19:10:36 CET 2003

Gildas Bazin wrote:
> Do you have "/usr/local/lib" in your /etc/ld.so.conf ?

Nope, and "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib vlc" works. The weird thing is
that I thought I'd tried that before. But it works now, so I'm not going
to complain. I don't like the /etc/ld.so.conf thing, so instead I'll
recompile with that in rpath. But that's definitely the problem, thanks.

 > Did you run ldconfig after you installed your libdvd* libraries ?

I think I did, yes. I remember seeing symlinks, anyway.

Thanks,
Scott