[vlc] Re: VLC does not execute on freeBSD 4.7

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Wed Mar 5 09:49:33 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003, Zahirul Haque wrote:
> I have successfully compile vlc using the command:
>     ./configure --disable-dvd --disable-mad
>     make
> The executable vlc is created. If I run it, I got following message
>     VideoLAN Client 0.5.1 Natalya
>     warning: your CPU has SSE instructions, but not your operating system.
>                     some optimizations will be disabled unless you
> upgrade your OS
>      remote control interfact initialized, 'h' for help
>
> It just hand, nothing happens, I have freeBSD 4.7.

 It looks like VLC actually works, the only thing is that you don't have
a graphical interface. For instance, you'd need to install GTK libraries
and headers then compile VLC again to have one.

 Anyway, you should already be able to play a file (just run './vlc
path/to/file').

 HTH,

--
Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>