[vlc] Re: vlc IPv6 and windows

Sébastien CLAUDE sebastien.claude at 6wind.com
Mon Mar 10 15:57:00 CET 2003

Ok it seems to work with IPv6 with all the test version (1,2,3), I mean:
    The server is a linux machine (mdk 9)
    Client is MS XP + SP1
                MS Server 2003
                MS NT + IPv6 development stack

  Under XP and 2003 the packets are coming on the host but after 2 or 3
seconds the video freezes but the packets are still coming... (with V4
or V6)
  With NT the IPv6 Stack doesn't work but the V4 is working well (no
freezing)
The only difference is the NT host is on the same subnet than the
server, XP and 2003 have to go through 2 or 3 routers before reaching
the server. (I don't know if VLC has some restriction regarding the
network architectures...)

I appreciate your efforts and comments and hope you know how I can solve
the freezing problem