[vlc] OS X DiVX Decoders

Joshua Bernstein josh at engr.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 12 19:26:04 CET 2003

Hey Guys,

	Just installed VLC for the first time and it ran very nicely on my
Linux server. I streamed a full DiVX right to my windows desktop
without an issue. Unfortuenately though, I could careless about windows
as I usually run on my OS X Laptop. But I get the following when trying
to stream a unicast video. A window just pops up with:

main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `mpga'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `3VID'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `mpga'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

What packages or what not am I missing? I know that VLC will play this
stream. It worked beautifuly on my Win2k desktop? Is it just a
limitation of that OS X client? Is there a CVS I can try. I know I'm
missing something simple.

-Joshua Bernstein