[vlc] Re: OS X DiVX Decoders

Joshua Bernstein josh at engr.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 12 23:21:18 CET 2003

So there is something wrong with FourCC flipping? What exactly does that
mean? Does that mean that the library reading the encoder type should
report 3VID instead of VID3? And what about the audio? Will VLC ever
learn to handle this type of bug? It seems that if Mplayer can work
aroung this, a patch to the VLC code taken from the routines in Mplayer
to handle this should work? Actually doing this type of thing is way
over my head though. So is this an OS X VLC problem, The VLC linix
binary? Also, are there any known encoders that will compress to DiVX
that don't cause this problem? It seems that ever movie I've encoded
with this particular program causes these issues... Cause it worked fine
on my Win2k box. Anyway, It would help me to understand if I had a bit
more explanation... Maybe, I can run a CVS version of a library
someplace? Sorry to be a bother...

-Josh

--
Joshua Bernstein