[vlc] Re: Windows version: can't connect to UDP/RTP streams

Matteo Santagata m.santagata at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 24 12:15:14 CET 2003

> Does it work when you disable your firewall? I suspect this is bloking
> the requests

I have already tried to stop the firewall, but unfortunately nothing better
happens....
Don't know what this could be... my suspect is that VLC can't communicate
correctly with my onboard ethernet card.
The hardware info page on my PC looks like this:

http://www.matteo.ge.it/hw.jpg

As you can see, it reports 2 Net Cards: the first one is the Audigy 2
firewire port (don't know why, but it's reported as a net card), the 2nd one
is the real net card I'm using.
Could it be that VLC tries to connect using the firewire port? I have tried
to change the default interface "eth0" in the Input section of the
preferences, but still no results...

I honestly don't know what to try now...

Thanks anyway

Matteo