[vlc] Re: Windows version: can't connect to UDP/RTP streams

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Mar 24 13:03:38 CET 2003

Matteo Santagata wrote:

>As you can see, it reports 2 Net Cards: the first one is the Audigy 2
>firewire port (don't know why, but it's reported as a net card), the 2nd one
>is the real net card I'm using.
>Could it be that VLC tries to connect using the firewire port? I have tried
>to change the default interface "eth0" in the Input section of the
>preferences, but still no results...

It could be the problem as when using multicast, windows needs to bind to a specific interface. You can set which interface is binded to by default by changing the routing tables of your computer.

But the easiest way would be to use the "iface address" option of vlc by entering the ip address of the interface you want to use.

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas