[vlc] Re: streaming

Fuchs, Ira ihf at mellon.org
Thu Mar 27 15:07:06 CET 2003

Thanks for the pointer although I had already read that document.  I tried
again to stream video, this time between a pair of PCs and it worked
although the audio and video were out of sync (a different problem). Am I
correct that I must first go to File/Stream Output to set the desired
destination IP address and then to Open file to select the file to be
streamed? I noticed that if you go back to File/Stream Output, the IP
address has been reset to the default address each time you open this
dialog. Wouldn't it be better if it remembered the last address, eliminating
repetitive entry and also giving feedback that the address "took".

I am not sure why I was unable to stream from Mac to PC (and reverse),
although I will try that again now that I have succeeded in getting 2 PCs to
stream.  The QS and How-to documents don't really describe the Mac interface
accurately (they refer to the Linux implementation which appears to be
slightly different).