[vlc] Re: AW: Documentation for VLC/Windows

Catherine Nolan catfishbird at yahoo.ca
Thu May 1 19:56:51 CEST 2003

 --- Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:

> Maybe it would be time to think about setting up a
> videolan wiki web site ?
> That could partly displace the burden of writing
> documentation to the users
> instead of developers. (http://zwiki.org/HelpPage)

Great idea.

It's not really necessary to download extra
documentation with the program, as long as it is
available somewhere for those who need it.  Anyone who
already knows what they're doing won't have it taking
up hard drive space.

I'm new to this concept, though- would we only
document unchanging (i.e. command-line) usage, or
could we elaborate (redundantly and unnecessarily) on
the temporary features available in different
interfaces?

Sorry if I've opened a can of worms...

  --  Catherine