[vlc] Re: Help!!!

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri May 2 19:04:53 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 12:00, f.salvatore at libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for my scolastic english (I'm italian).
> I'm tring to use VLC vers. 0.5.3 but it's not working fine.
> I follow all the setting but I don't see anything.
> This is what appear on the message box if I try with 239.113.1.14:11111 :

> I'm connect on internet with a ADSL connection with static IP (pubblic).
> I remove temporary the firewall and my PC is connect to the router
directly using an IP (private) of the same class of the gateway IP
(private) of the router.

If you have several network interfaces you need to tell vlc which one to use
to connect to the multicast stream. You can use this config option to do
that:

--iface-addr <string>      network interface address

The option is also available in the preferences menu when you enable the
advanced options.

--
Gildas