[vlc] audio problem with dvd

marco chrappan marco.chrappan at fastwebnet.it
Mon May 5 23:21:07 CEST 2003

Hi to all,
I have built a linux box with mandrake 9.1
I have installed all the libraries + codec + vlc + vlc-gui (0.5.0 rpms
from the videolan site) plus the libffmpeg and
the libdvdread from the rpmfind.net.

When I play something from a multicast address the sound is ok. When I
play dvd I get an error message telling there's no
a valid input filter. In fact there's no sound coming out from the
soundboard.

Any suggestion for this problem?

ps: I installed all the packages requested. My sound card is a vibra128
(ensoniq 1371) and is working under the oss drivers (and kde arts server)
the soundcard is playing correctly all the rest.

bye,
marco