[vlc] vlc streaming vs. vls streaming

"허성관" sgheo at naver.com
Tue May 6 10:34:57 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have some trouble to figure out the difference between vlc streaming and vls streaming.

At a glance, I can find the specifications of them in the following page:
   http://www.videolan.org/streaming/features.html

However, I can't understand
 1. why is the vlc streaming needed? why didn't the developers make a streaming server need only vls?
 2. what is the difference between vlc MPEG streaming and vls MPEG streaming?
 3. do vlc and vls use the same code to send/receive streaming?

In my case, vls streaming has problem for most MPEG/MPEG-2/MPEG-4 files though vlc streaming is good for the same files. So if there is no additional overhead for vlc streaming, I want to use vlc streaming rather than vls streaming.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Sungkwan Heo