[vlc] Audio problem in VLC

CHEN,NILL (HP-China,ex1) nill.chen at hp.com
Fri May 9 13:05:33 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I'm using VLC under Redhat 7.0 (2.2.16),  it worked well with Video but no
audio at all!

The log says:
[00000252] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the first
part of the conversion
[00000252] main audio output error:couldn't set an input pipeline
[00000252] main audio output error: couldn't open device /dev/dsp

But the system have Intel i810 sound card and other application have sound
well worked. I installed OSS to have a test, it seems that it used
/dev/dsp0, is that caused VLC not work well? How could I point VLC to use
/dev/dsp0 ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Chen Nill