[vlc] Re: vlc with Optibase MGW2000

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun May 11 11:14:35 CEST 2003

On Sunday 11 May 2003 04:25, Siu-kin Lam wrote:
> Hi Gildas Bazin
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have set its MTU to 1500 and insert TS header.
> In vlc, how many times of TS header (per second) is
> required ?

It isn't a matter of how many TS headers are required.

The stream you are sending is composed of MPEG TS packets, each TS packet is
188 bytes in size. When you send this through the network, you encapsulate
the TS packets into UDP packets.

You should always stuff an integer number of TS packets in 1 UDP packet and
furthermore, a UDP packet should always begin with the beginning of a new
TS packet (For synchronisation reasons).

Unfortunately MGW2000 don't do this (which is very bad). I would advise you
to complain to Optibase so they fix this.

--
Gildas