[vlc] re : Compiling vlc source on Visual Studio 6.0

gbazin at altern.org gbazin at altern.org
Thu May 15 12:21:14 CEST 2003

Don't use the 0.5.3 source code to compile with MSVC, it is broken. This has been fixed in the development tree. Try one of the latest snapshots:

http://www.videolan.org/pub/vlc/snapshots/vlc-snapshot-20030515.tar.gz

Also be aware that you won't be able to compile everything with MSVC. We use cygwin/mingw ourselves to compile under win32. But at least you can compile a minimal vlc binary with MSVC... just enough to play/experiment with.

That reminds me that I need to update the cygwin build instructions ;)

--
Gildas