[vlc] Attention. English spoken (Was VOD projet france television)

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Sat May 17 02:20:04 CEST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:52:54PM +0200, Christophe JACQUINET wrote:
<frech text I sadly can't read>

Hi

I happens quite often that people post to this list in french. For me as a
geek it's natural to do most of my online correspondence in english, unless
a forum or mailinglist explicity states that it's in german (The only
languages I speak...), but I guess for others this is not the case.

Maybe there could be a big, fat warning in the mail you get after you
subscribed this list that people speak english here, and that it's both

a) Unpolite to post in other languages, because a lot of people won't
understand you

but more important

b) The chance if getting an answer to your question is seriosly reduced,
because, well, some people won't understand you.

I don't know if it's possible to post here if you are not subscribed, but if
it is, the same warning should be everywhere the e-mail address is listed.

greetings, Florian Pflug