[vlc] Streaming live TV

Bessem ELOUAFI elouafi.bessem at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 23 11:48:23 CEST 2003

Hello.

Is it possible to stream live TV using videoLan. ?

The intuitive solution to what I have thought is to use the WinTV-PVR-250 card witch permits to receive live TV and to encode it into an mpeg2 file stored on disc. After starting encoding I start up the videolan client or server to stream the generated file. This solution is not good because it creates a delay of some seconds between received TV and streamed flux and it needs an infinite hard disc space if we want to stream continually live TV.

Is it possible using WinTV-PVR-250 or an other card to stream the encoded flux directly (on real time) without passing by an intermediate file stored on disc. ?

Best regards.