[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Nov 6 09:06:43 CET 2003

Masiyowski, John wrote:
> [...]

Look if libasound* exists in /lib or /usr/lib. If not then I'm sure you
use OSS as sound layer.

>  > > The library was installed, I have the premissions set to
>  > rwx for all...

They should not be that but rwxr-xr-x instead and owned by root.

>  > What is the files name and its location?
>  > VLC requires the specific version 2.1.3. If you have another version
>  > then try:  ln -s /lib/librt-<yourversion>.so /lib/librt-2.1.3.so
>
> there are two files in /usr/lib/vlc

This is the wrong location for these plugins.

> librt-2.1.3.so
> librt.so.1 -> librt-2.1.3.so>
>  >
>  >  >  > > file `/usr/lib/vlc/librt-2.1.3.so' (/usr/bin/vlc:
>  > undefined symbol:
>  >  >  > > _vlc_entry__0_5_3)
>
> Form the error description, I beleive that the file is there, but the
> symbol _vlc_entry__0_5_3 is not found within.

It is in the wrong place, librt is part of glibc and not of vlc. If you
put the file in the /usr/lib/vlc/ directory VLC thinks it is one of its
plugins and looks for that symbol.

The file should go into the directory: /lib/librt-2.1.3.so

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

VLC iPaq maintainer