[vlc] Re: Zaurus 5500 - No Sound?

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Nov 6 15:56:39 CET 2003

Masiyowski, John wrote:
>  > From: Jean-Paul Saman [mailto:saman at natlab.research.philips.com]
>  > Could you shutdown Opie GUI? and try from the commandline the
>  > following:
>
> I did not have the built-in media player running.
 > I am not sure how to shutdown the Opie GUI....
I meant to shutdown the QT/windowing server from Opie. Usually this is a
script under /etc/init.d, but you could also do: "init 3" probably. This
switches the unix system in network mode without graphical user interface.

But do not bother the functionality I need from VLC to debug it this is
only available in vlc version 0.6.0 and up. Instead we need to taken
another route.

Could you kill the sound sever and then run vlc?
--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

VLC iPaq maintainer.