[vlc] Does VLC support pull instead of push streaming?

Srikanth Uppala kanth at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 22:16:16 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm using VLC as both server and client to stream a
DVD on windows over UDP.  VLC server seems to be
designed to start streaming (i.e., pushing) content to
the client the moment you hit "Ok", regardless of
whether the client is running.

Is it possible for VLC server to be aware of the
client and start streaming once the client connects
and stop streaming when the client disconnects/stops?
(i.e,, let client pull the stream)

PS:  I cannot use http streaming in my setup because I
dont have a webserver.

Thanks for your help.