[vlc] Problem with VLC and Framebuffer

Andreas Krings andreas.krings at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Nov 19 13:53:42 CET 2003

Hallo,

first let me say that VLC is very great work! Keep it going on!

I still use VLC under X11 for a long time, but now i try it to play
under the console (with framebuffer). But when i start VLC with "vlc
--vout fb ....." i only get the ascii picture in the console. The option
"--fbdev <string>" (i red in the VLC User Guide) is not recognized by my
VLC.
But i think my configuration of framebuffer is OK because VLC 0.3.1
works fine with framebuffers. Only my current VLC (0.6.2+cvs20031030)
has got this problem with framebuffer. So is a solution out there?? Or
does somebody know something about this problem?? Perhaps is
framebuffer-support removed from VLC??

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings

Andreas Krings