[vlc] Re: sharpness ???

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Nov 25 18:54:30 CET 2003

Blurring an image is generally speaking a one way procedure. If the video is
blurry your best hope is to tell the camera man to fix his focus settings.

Also encoding at a low bit rate, and using postprocessing filters may
intorduce some blur. Try tweaking these settings.

There are some algorithms to sharpen an image, but they are either not very
good, or not completly automatable ( they may require some info about the
process that created the blur ). None of these are possible to implement in
a live video player/streamer.

Sigmund