[vlc] Re: libdvdcss for Mac

Derk-Jan Hartman pjotr at sidekick.student.utwente.nl
Fri Nov 28 15:45:05 CET 2003

You don't need to install libdvdcss on your mac. Just use VLC and if
libdvdcss works with your DVD drive then VLC will be able to play the
DVD.

Be aware that there are several macs out there that have a drive that
will not allow libdvdcss to bypass the region setting system.

DJ

On 28 nov 2003, at 07:08, Brett Portner-Kuhlow wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to install libdvdcss on my Mac 10.2 powerbook so I can
> watch
> region 2 DVDs.  I read the vlc user guide and tried to install the
> library
> with little success.  If there is anyone out there who knows Macs and
> could
> walk me through the installation process please drop me an email.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brett

----
Universiteit Twente