[vlc] Caching RTP video stream

Lionnel CHAPTAL Lionnel.Chaptal at IPricot.com
Fri Oct 3 14:51:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using VLC 0.6.2 under Windows2000. I'm playing MPEG/PES or MPEG/PS
video+audio streams over RTP/UDP over IP4.

The video is streamed from digital satellite TV channels to LAN using
a satellite receiver/router box.

I got lots of macro-blocks due to (I guess) delay implied by
IP routing.

I can't see in the parameters a cache/buffer feature which would allow
to smooth the input bandwith. It it possible ?

Thanks for help.

Note: The same stream can be played with other player like mplayer
under fbsd, so I think the stream is correct and there is no packet
lost.

Lionnel CHAPTAL.