[vlc] Using VLC as a ts2ps conversion tool from commandline

rettw at rtwnetwork.com rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Fri Oct 3 18:30:20 CEST 2003

Hello all:

I am attempting to use VLC as a ts to ps converter from
the command line.

The command I am using is:

vlc --sout file/ps://<dest ps file> file/://<input ts
file> vlc:quit

I would like the program to come up, create the file and
exit, which it seems to do - only the vlc:quit parameter
at the end seems to erase the ps file it creates right
after it creates it.  If I leave this vlc:quit out, it
works, but I have to manually kill vlc, which doesn't
delete the file.

Is there a way to do this without having to control-c vlc,
without it deleting the ps file?

Thanks,

Rett Walters