[vlc] Re: Caching RTP video stream

Lionnel CHAPTAL Lionnel.Chaptal at IPricot.com
Mon Oct 6 10:21:51 CEST 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 23:52:53 +0200
Benjamin PRACHT <bigben at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> Well, the  try going to  the preferences,  in the modules  tree, access,
> udp. Then enter 10000 in the  upd-caching text box. Save and restart the
> stream.

It's the same thing: the stream is played as soon as I click the start
button, though it is supposed to buffering the stream (isn't it ?).

I had peeking at the Messages box, and it shows the follwing
messages. Maybe it can help:

main playlist item 'udp//@225.0.0.2:5678'
aout_directx_error: cannot initialize DirectSound
main_error: couldn't find a filter forthe conversion
main_error: couldn't set an output pipeline

Thanks for help.

Lionnel.
--
Lionnel CHAPTAL, IPricot SA                 Lionnel.Chaptal at IPricot.com
Service R&D                                  tél: +33 (0) 1.46.52.53.18