[vlc] Re: error compiling

souad arab degreane at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 21:23:41 CEST 2003

Good Day.
I did download the cvs version of mpeg2dec and tried
to compile it ,, well there's something funny in here
going on , mpeg2dec snapshot didn't compile yet vlc
compiled , anyhow .... amo gonna do some tests on it
to suit my needs for video broadcasting accross the
platform .

One more thing sometimes i need to broadcast the
sports channel to the rooms in the platform
(especially my brother's pc ) yet i managed to
transport the video but not the audio.

I use a tv tuner fly video 98 with the command.

vlc -vvv
v4l:/dev/video0:norm=pal:channel=0:adev/dev/dsp:audio=0
--sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mpgv,vb=800,acodec=mpga,ab=128}:std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=224.0.0.8}'

well the point is that when i use the audio codec
nothing is shown if i remove the audio codec i can
view the video ,
the audio is fine i have a creative 128 soundcard and
i checked with xawtv everything goes ok with it .

is there a way to broadcast with the least bandwidth
even if it takes over the quality cause broadcasting
like i was doing it goes up to 1~2 Mbps ,,

Thanks
Best Regards
F.B.

--- Gildas Bazin <gbazin at netcourrier.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 12 October 2003 03:12, souad arab wrote:
> > Good Morning Friends.
> > I checked with what you suggested (make distclean)
> and
> > it worked fine yet now still there's this problem
> when
> > compiling with --with-libmpeg2-tree option it
> gives me
> > this error and i list the output.txt attached file
> the
> > output of make (part of it) .
> > the configure statement i use is :
> >  ./configure --enable-v4l

--with-ffmpeg-tree=/root/from_usb/vlan_suit/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-cvs-2003-10-10

--with-libmpeg2-tree=/root/from_usb/vlan_suit/mpeg2dec/mpeg2dec-0.2.1-cvs