[vlc] Re: VLC and ISMA

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Oct 14 19:24:53 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 19:10, Mariano García wrote:
> Hi all
> We are using vlc to stream in MPEG-4 . We would like to know if it is
> possible to play the receiving stream using an ISMA compliant player,
> for example Quicktime player. To do it without using a streaming server
> I suppose that we need to create a SDP file , how can we do it?

You can't, VLC can't stream in RTSP.
VLC encapsulate the MPEG4 elementary streams inside an MPEG 2 transport
stream layer and I don't know any other player that can handle that.

Alternatively the development version of VLC can stream asf with DIV3/mp3
over http and Windows Media Player does handle that.

--
Gildas