[vlc] Re: disable messages

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed Oct 15 18:44:29 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 09:31, corentin hache wrote:
> I am using Wmaker under Debian and Gnome under RedHat.
> In fact it is not really the log window I want to empty or to disable, it
is
> just the content of this window.
> This content is stocked into RAM or into log file?   if it is stocked into
> log file I can regulary delete it;  but if it is stocked into RAM it could
> be more difficult.
>
> If you have information about that ....

Which release do you use and which interface plugin ?

If you use 0.6.2 and the wxWindows interface (which is the

If you use 0.6.2 and the wxWindows interface (which is the most up-to-date
one thus the recommended one) than the content of this window is
automatically cleared when it reaches a certain treshold (1000 line I
think). So the memory consumption should be constant.
In the development version the messages are not even logged unless this
"Messages" window is opened.

--
Gildas