[vlc] Can't play RTP

Philippe De Neve Philippe.deneve at intec.ugent.be
Thu Oct 16 10:55:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've written a program to stream UDP/RTP video. The UDP pakkets are correctly played back, but the RTP doesnt seem to work. VLC doesnt respond when it receives these packets. I think that my program is working good cause ive analysed the output with Ethereal and the RTP packets are correct (Im using the JRTPLIB library). Is there anyone who had a similar problem with RTP or who knows the reason why VLC refuses to play RTP packets?

friendly regards, Philippe De Neve

   De Neve Philippe
  Ghent University
  Department of Information Technology (INTEC)
  Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 41
  B-9000 Gent (Belgium)
  tel. :       +32 9 264 99 57
  e-mail :  philippe.deneve at intec.UGent.be