[vlc] Re: parse error in compiling vlc(cvs version)...

Emanouil Moschous moschous at ics.forth.gr
Thu Oct 16 16:01:53 CEST 2003

> *FLAGS are not part of the bootstrap step but part of the configure one.
>
> Please try again with:
>
> CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml" \\
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \\
> CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \\
> ./configure ...

Ok,

I am doing

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml" \
  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \
  CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \

and then check for this
echo $LDFLAGS
-L/usr/win32/lib

(everyhting is ok about it)

but when i do then the ./configure (exactly) as refer the install.win32
file i take error    ------->

checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h usability... no
checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h presence... no
checking for dvdcss/dvdcss.h... no
configure: WARNING: libdvdcss is no longer provided with vlc; please get
libdvdcss from http://www.videolan.org/libdvdcss/ and build it. Then either use
--with-dvdcss=<path/where/libdvdcss/was/installed> for dynamic linking
(recommended under Unix) or --with-dvdcss-tree=<path/where/libdvdcss/was/built> for static
linking (recommended under BeOS, Windows, MacOS X). Alternatively you can use
--disable-dvd to disable the DVD plugin.
configure: error: cannot find libdvdcss headers

I dont know why is this happens.
The directory with the pre-compiled libraries exist under the the
directory /usr/win32 and all the .a .la are existed in the lib directory,
the same happens with the .h in the include directory.
It seems that the configure doesnt use the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS (that i
defined/exported before)

: (

Manos Moschous